A great white paper written by UMT Consulting Group,
This white paper is an introduction to the reporting options available in Microsoft Project Server 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. The target audience for this document is the experienced user, business owner, or administrator who is new to Project Server 2010 and looking for a quick way to assess the reporting options available to the organization.
This white paper does not cover how to configure the Project Server 2010 reporting infrastructure. For information about how to configure reporting for Project Server 2010, see Configure reporting for Project Server 2010.
This white paper includes information about the following:
- Project Center views
- OLAP cubes
- ODC files
- Microsoft Excel and Excel Services in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft Visio and Visio Services in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- PerformancePoint Services in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- The REST API External Content Types
For further information on reporting please check out the following resource center on TechNet: Business Intelligence in Project Server 2010.